School: The Federation of George Betts and Shireland Hall Primary Academies
Location: Shireland Hall Primary Academy
Title: Learning Support Assistant (Teaching Assistant) Level 2
Grade: Band B
Pay: £8.75 per hour (TEFAT
Living Wage), salary pro rata
Special conditions: Term-time only plus
training days (39 weeks per year)
Position 1: Permanent at 32.5 hours per week;
Position 2: Fixed term until 31st August 2018 – Specific purpose contract to support children in Nursery who have High Needs Block Funding, 32.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 31st
Shireland Hall Primary Academy wish to appoint 2 outstanding Learning Support Assistants, Level 2, to join our team.
Do you want to work at a school where:
- ‘the quality of leadership is superb’?
- ‘everyone’s talents and skills are noticed and nurtured’?
- ‘there is plenty of fabulous, often inventive, teaching’?
- ‘it is a calm, orderly place in which to work and learn’?
- ‘there is a strong culture of accountability yet no fear of failure’? Ofsted, May 2016
Then the outstanding Shireland Hall Primary Academy could be for you!
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for two outstanding Teaching Assistants who are fully committed to join our enthusiastic and supportive team. The successful candidates will have excellent social skills and be able to work as part of a team.
• To support individuals/groups of pupils under the direction of the class teacher.
• To assist pupils with dress/changing for activities/personal hygiene.
• The care and welfare of pupils to include toileting and feeding as required.
• To have contact and links with those with parental responsibility during the working day, as part of the normal consultative and educational process.
• To liaise with teachers and other staff to obtain, exchange and record information on pupils in accordance with school policy.
• To follow whole school policies
• To undertake duties during mid-morning and lunch breaks.
Qualifications: a relevant Level 2 qualification or equivalent and have experience working in a school environment. In addition, experience of supporting pupils with autism and/or speech, language and communication needs is essential.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Application packs are available by e-mail at email@example.com
Application forms should be returned to Sam Barnard, HR and Payroll Administrator at the address below or via email no later than 9am on Monday 31st December 2018.
Sam Barnard, HR Department, Shireland Hall Primary Academy, Montague Road, Smethwick, B66 4PW