If you are interested in applying for a place at Shireland Hall, please contact school to book a place on our next Open Day or to request a visit.
Applications for places at Shireland Hall Primary Academy are welcomed from families living in any local authority. The application process varies between LAs so please contact the local authority in which the child lives for further information.
Sandwell Local Authority, go to http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Birmingham Local Autority, go to http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Dudley Local Authority, go to http://www.dudley.gov.uk/resident/learning-school/parental-support/school-admissions/
Walsall Local Authority, go to http://cms.walsall.gov.uk/index/education/school_admissions.htm
If you require any support with your application, please contact school and speak to one of our Family Support Advisors
Mid-Year Admissions Process
If applying to change school mid-year, the following process will begin once an application has been received by Sandwell LA:
1. Sandwell LA forward the application to the Academy
2. The Academy identifies whether a place is available in the relevant year group
- If a place is available and there is only one applicant, Sandwell LA are instructed to offer the place
- If a place is available but there is more than one applicant, Sandwell’s Admissions Arrangements (available to download below) are applied to determine which application is successful. Sandwell LA are instructed to offer or decline the place
- If no places are available, Sandwell LA are instructed to decline the application
3. If a place is offered, the academy will make contact to arrange for an induction visit and to agree a start date
Admissions 2017 – 2018