School: The Federation of George Betts and Shireland Hall Primary Academies
Location: Shireland Hall Primary Academy
Title: LSA (Teaching Assistant) Level 2
Grade: Band B
Pay: £8.75 per hour (TEFAT Living Wage), salary pro rata
Hours 32.5 hours per week / term-time only plus training days (39 weeks per year)
Special Conditions: Specific purpose contract to cover maternity leave.
Closing Date: 4pm on Wednesday 13th March 2019
Shireland Hall Primary Academy wish to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (Teaching Assistant – Level 2) to join our friendly, motivated team. The successful candidate will have excellent social skills and be able to work as part of a team.
- To support individuals/groups of pupils under the direction of the class teacher.
- To assist pupils with dress/changing for activities/personal hygiene.
- The care and welfare of pupils to include toileting and feeding as required.
- To have contact and links with those with parental responsibility during the working day, as part of the normal consultative and educational process.
- To liaise with teachers and other staff to obtain, exchange and record information on pupils in accordance with school policy.
- To undertake duties during mid-morning and lunch breaks.
Qualifications: a relevant Level 2 qualification or equivalent and have experience working in a school environment. In addition, experience of supporting pupils with autism and/or speech, language and communication needs is essential.
To start: 3rd June 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Application packs are available directly from this site or by e-mail at email@example.com
Application forms should be returned to Sam Barnard, HR and Payroll Administrator at the address below or via email no later than 4pm on Wednesday 13th March 2019.
Shireland Hall Primary Academy